Simmers News Top Stories

Monday, October 20, 2008

Interview With CJ, Admin of The Simmers Club


Recently i interviewed the webmaster of The Simmers Club.  The Questions varied on many different topics.  Topics ranged From the Sims 2, to Simcity, to The running of a fansite.  Read the Full Interview Below:








"Skyline: So CJ, What was your main reason for starting The Simmers Club?
CJ: I wanted to create a friendly and enjoyable place for fans of sims games to hang out, share their creations and associate with other sims fans from all over the world

Skyline: Thats a really good main idea behind a site, but Why The Sims?  Why not another game or movie?
CJ: I have been a fan of sims games since I got SimCity3000, and enjoy playing sims games more than any other game I have, so it seemed logical to start a site centering about my favorite games

Skyline: Do you have a favorite moment while Playing one of the Sims games?
CJ: probably my most memorable moment was when I reached over 1,000,000 population on a medium size map in SimCity4

Skyline: Wow Thats Impressive!  What do you find to be the best aspect of the Simcity Franchise?
CJ: managing all the aspects of keeping your city thriving and trying to create that ideal utopia

Skyline: Do you think the recent set of Simcity games have ventured a bit too far off that main aspect, you really enjoy?  or have they stayed more on par with that you enjoy about the franchise?
CJ: i was very dissapointed as many others were with the direction of the simcity that occured with Simcity Societies


Skyline: What is the best part about managing a Sims Fansite, such as The Simmers Club?
CJ: The people, the great members that upload their amazing creations to share and helpful friendly people that help each other and inspire each other to do more in the game, that is what keeps me wanting to keep this site going as long as I can.

Skyline: What Tips can you give to those, who want to start a fansite of their own?
CJ: Be patient, and don't get discouraged, TSC did not become what it is today overnight, it took time and a lot of great people to make this place what it is today, the same holds true with all other popular fansites. I also advise, be original, make your site stand out from the others, but most importanly have fun with it, if you are having fun with it, that is all that really matters!.

Skyline: Do you think that The Sims 2 has met all of the Fans Expectations?  Did it Miss any of those Expectations?
CJ: I think at this point, most of the expectations of sims fans have been met with the sims 2 as much as that game can handle as far as adding expansions.

Skyline: What is your favorite of The Sims 2 Expansions and why?
CJ: My favorite is still Nightlife, because I found the ability to create downtown sub-neighborhoods a great addition and also the fun social interactions that were included with that EP, Seasons is a close runner up though for my favorite


Skyline: Why do you play The Sims 2 the way you do?
CJ: I pretty much dabble in all the gameplay aspects of the sims, but I enjoy building lots (mainly commuinty lots) the best, it is a chance to create a fun lot then send my sims to enjoy the building of my own design. 

Skyline: What is your favorite of the Maxis Developed Franchises? (Spore, Sims, Simcity, etc.)
CJ: SimCity, it is the first sims game that got me into the sims franshise, and I am still hoping for a new SimCity title that is more like a progression and improvement from SimCity4. I really was disspointed with SimCity Societies.

Skyline: Thanks for Doing this interview CJ! :D
CJ: You are Welcome! [I am] honored to be the first interview"


There you have it!  Our First Interview!  We hope to add them often from here on out!

No comments: